But i don't lose hope...(Poetry)

                     But i don't lose hope...


This poem was shared by Akshat Singhal



Every Morning i rush,
To see her before school starts,
To see her smile,
To see my world in her...

I reach the class and look around for her.
There she sits, lost in her own world, looking as beautiful as ever!
And unaware of my presence...

I see her eyes.
i see her smile,
I see the beauty in her...

There i silently sit and,
watch her,
admire her,
and love her even more as every second passes by...

I rush on with school,
Confident and joyfull,
cause i just saw the love of my life...

everything seems so well!!!
alas! It is not so...

As the day progresses,
I look at her..
shes smiling, enjoying and looking as beautiful as ever...
I look in her beautiful eyes and smile,
She looks at me but then looks away...

It hurts me...
But i don't lose hope cause I love her,
and I think she loves me too.

I talk to her...
She replies,
but looks disinterested and irritated...

It hurts me...
But I don't lose hope cause i love her,
and I think she loves me too.

I walk with her...
Its the best moment of my day!
Alas! maybe I don't deserve it cause,

She looks irritated,
She ignores me and finally,
She walks away...

There I see her go away...

I am left alone to myself,
Lost, Defeated and Worthless...

I sit and wonder...
Has it come to this?
Do I really irritate her?

I think hard, very hard,
but I get no answer..

I think she does not want me anymore..
My mind agrees to it but,
My heart says no...

I belive my mind and decide to stay away from...
perhaps my tears will stop...

And so my day ends...

A new day comes and I feel the rush,
To see her smile,
To see her eyes,
To see in her my world walking around...

And so I once again HOPE
for HOPE keeps everything alive,
that maybe,
today she will smile at me,
today she will talk to me,
today she will walk with me,
nd perhaps today she will tell me that she loves me too...

Days pass by but it never happens so...
My hope seems crushed!

It hurts me...
but I don't lose hope cause i love her,
and I think she loves me too...
Or maybe it is not so anymore...


                                                                                     - Akshat Singhal 


Have Your Own Work published here and get more readers to read it by simply clicking on  -  Publish Your Work Here

2 comments:

koiBandhGayaGhungroo said...

dear akshat,
a perfect stranger, you strum my pain with your words. i have lived the life of your words and i am 42 now. with age i now have a perspective and yes a whole lot of bitterness. but you are such a bright individual and you will spot the bitterness and hopefully find some use of the perspective.
...it is harmones, whats love got to do with it, it is a simple fashioned notion.
...on the flip side it is the equipment/ tool that helps you in understanding why we are here and much of the world and the way it is, uthale ya fek de, le le ya chod de, dhai akhar prem ka padhe so pandit hoi.
I'm just wondering why I feel so all alone
Why I'm a stranger in my own life
Jump in, let's go
Lay back, enjoy the show
Everybody gets high, everybody gets low
These are the days when anything goes

Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Everyday is a faded sign
I get a little bit closer
sahir when he was high - … mere dil ki mere jazabaat ki qeemat kyaa hai
uljhe uljhe se Khayaalaat ki qeemat kyaa hai
maiN ne kyuuN pyaar kiya, tumne na kyuuN pyaar kiya
in pareshaan savaalaat kii qeemat kyaa hai
tum jo ye bhi na bataao to ye haq hai tumko
meri baat aur hai maiN ne to muhabbat ki hai
tum mujhe bhool bhi jaao to ye haq hai tumko …
then again sahir when he was lo - ta’arruf rog ho jaaye to usko bhoolna behtar
ta’alluq bojh ban jaaye to usko toRna achchhaa
vo afsaanaa jise aNjaam tak laanaa na ho mumkin
use ik Khoobsoorat moR dekar chhoRnaa achchha
chalo ik baar phir se ajnabii ban jaayeiN ham dono!
Src : http://www.sahirludhianvi.com/blog/index.php/category/film-songs/page/5/
Addiction to these highs and lows comes at a price - self destruction, I think I spot more than poetry an attitude and a habit and that’s the road to destruction. Get into a disciplined life, structure the emptiness.
Discipline does not mean accounting for every minuite of your life, it begins with the realization that outcomes are not in your hand, eg the girl loves you back or not …
What is in your hand is just this one day today, and if you have taken a step in the direction of your goals it is one day accounted for.
Break the larger goals into smaller ones and conquer the small goals with small steps. Walk before you run.
I leave you with words of lacy j dalton
In my youth I spent some time out on the fringes
Pushin' hard to see how far I'd go
There's existence on those wild and crazy edges
But you can bet your life it takes its toll
But part of knowin' who you are
is knowin' who you ain't
And we all fall short of glory when we're young
But inside of all us sinners
There are little baby saints
Learnin' how to walk before you run
And you got to learn to walk before you run (dontcha' know)
And you learn to stand
For something or you'll fall
And you learn that lovin', knowin',
And believin' in yourself
Is all that really matters after all
Is all that really matters after all
Now lookin' from the other side of somewhere
I ain't got all the answers that's for sure
But if you're like me
You're gonna' have to learn the hard way
'Cause nobody else can tell you who you are
And part of knowin' who you are
is knowin' who you ain't
And we all fall short of glory, everyone
But inside of all us sinners
There are little baby saints
Learnin' how to walk before we run
(Give us time Lord, we'll make it)
We're just learnin' how to walk before we run

Mehjabeen said...

Excellent Poetry Akshat, Keep it up! U speak from your heart.

Post a Comment

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected